To receive regular information about new issues:
Business English, Professional English, Legal English, Medical English, Academic English etc.
2. Collocations with “DO VS. MAKE”
Fill in the gaps using appropriate expressions with DO or MAKE.
1. Women in this country usually ____ housework at the weekends.
2. They ______ money in the USA – now they are well-off.
3. We always ______ the shopping together.
4. Students usually forget to _____ their homework.
5. It is hard to ______ friends abroad.
6. I never forget to _____ my homework.
7. Traffic outside ______ a lot of noise.
8. She is _______ research in biology at London University.
9. He promised to _____ his best and kept his promise.
10. You are ________ well in this exercise, aren‘t you?
11. The Lithuanians prefer to _____ business with foreign investors.
12. What subjects did you ______ at University?
13. You will have to ______ your own dinner tomorrow - I'll be away.
14. He always _______ trouble whatever he does.
15. I _____ a suggestion: personalize your learning –then you will learn faster.
16. She always ______ an excuse if she does not want to be bothered.
17. The president _______ a speech on current affairs.
18. World bankers‘ have the only goal - to ______ a profit.
19. They _____ an offer which was impossible to turn down.
20. If you _____ someone a favour it means you will help them.
21. She failed to ______ a phone call.
22. Your good performance in these tests will _____ a good impression.
Copyright 2002-2012 TransEarl Co. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.